Adding value within regeneration and placemaking schemes
FrancisKnight can help you throughout the commissioning process to a successful completion providing expert consultancy advice at the earliest stages of masterplanning, to embed public art strategies, action plans and artistic direction.
Artists generate ideas that rethink public space. They can make a considerable contribution to and enhance the visual quality of the public realm, setting out the aspirations and intentions of your scheme.
Clients working with FrancisKnight can be assured they will be navigated through the commissioning process supported by our services. These include:
- Client liaison, including pre planning application advice through to detailed design
- Strategy development, including public art policies, plans and programme development
- Artist selection including generating artist briefs, contracting and appointment
- Project management, acting as the first point of contact between artist, client and design teams
- Budget allocation and management
- Risk management
- Community engagement programmes, consultation and communication
- Monitoring and evaluating the value of projects
- Maintenance and decommissioning advice
We can assist with quick wins that are temporary and can animate and allow for consultation and dialogue to take place. Equally artwork can be embedded within hard landscaping and form an integral part of the overall design of a scheme.
If you already have public art conditions included in your outline proposal as part of the planning process, including Section 106 Agreements FrancisKnight can advise on how to involve an artist. Depending on the experience already in place within your project team we can support the collaborative working in the selection and development of any public art proposal.